This event has ended !!!
Upcoming events at Uppsala, Sweden
Course in modular fly larvae treatment: rearing and composting
When?Start time: Wednesday 09:00 (14 March)
End time: Wednesday 16:00 (14 March)
Under this one-day course the course delegates will be presented with a general introduction to fly larvae treatment, including both the fly rearing and composting steps. We will present the theory behind the different steps of the module based fly larvae treatment and practical exercises on handling of larvae, pupae and flies. The course will be given in English.
• Process efficiency of fly larvae composting
• The life cycle of the BSF in relation to mass rearing
• Process technical aspects of fly larvae composting
• Composting start-up
• Separation larvae/treatment residue
• Count and enumaration of mini-larvae
• Handling of pupae
• Handling of flies
Price: 5000 SEK/person